This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students (F1).
Step 1: Print Checklist
- Print Checklist: Print off the application checklist for your reference as you complete the application process.
Step 2: Submit Your Application
Step 3: Submit Other Documents
- Reference Form: Make sure your reference form is submitted directly to the Admissions office. Emmaus requires that the reference be from a leader of your local church (elder, youth leader, pastor, Sunday School teacher, etc.). Do not have a member of your family complete the reference. If you weren’t able to print or send the form at the time you were completing your application for admission, you may download it here or you may give this link to your reference to submit the form online: www.emmaus.edu/reference.
- Academic Records: Arrange to have your high school and college transcripts sent to the Admissions Office. A transcript request form is available here if needed. These must be received from all high schools (secondary schools) and colleges/universities that you have attended. Transcripts must be in English. Depending upon the prospective student’s individual situation transcripts may need to be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service. Emmaus prefers that these evaluations be completed by World Education Services (www.wes.org) or International Education Evaluations (https://myiee.org/university/emmaus-bible-college)
- Standardized Test Results: Arrange to have your ACT, SAT, or CLT results sent to the Admissions Office. Test scores can be waived if the student has been out of high school for at least two years and did not take an exam while in high school.
- Emmaus Bible College ACT Code: 1371
- Emmaus Bible College SAT Code: 1215
- Choose Emmaus Bible College from the CLT School List
- English Proficiency Test: International students from non-English speaking countries or areas of the world may be required to take an English proficiency test to determine their ability to study in English. English proficiency is also required by the US Department of Homeland Security. Arrange to have your Test Scores sent to the Admissions Office.
- Declaration and Certification of Finances: All international students are required to prove to both the college and the US Department of State that they have enough funds to cover at least the first year of study at Emmaus Bible College.
- Print off and fill out the Declaration and Certification and of Finances form.
- Submit this form with official, notarized bank statements indicating that you, your parents, or a sponsor have sufficient funds to cover at least your first year of attendance at Emmaus.
- Medical Form: The Medical Form is not necessary for admittance to Emmaus but if you are admitted, it is required prior to enrollment at Emmaus.
Items should be sent to:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Admissions
Emmaus Bible College
2570 Asbury Road
Dubuque, IA 52001
Step 4: Educate yourself about studying in the United States
Study in the States: The US Department of Homeland Security has developed a website called
“Study in the States”. This website has invaluable information for prospective international
students about studying in the United States. Please use this tool to help answer questions you
might have about being an International Student. Visit this site at https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov.