Our mission as a biblical higher education community is to glorify God by educating and equipping learners to impact the world for Christ through faithful and effective service in their ministries, professions, and communities.
“Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.” (Luke 24:27 NASB)
Emmaus Bible College will be flourishing, relevant, and accessible as a trusted name for transformational learning rooted in biblical truth.
The Emmaus Experience
In a context of academic excellence, the Emmaus Experience is characterized by:
- Educational programs infused with biblical content
- Meaningful relationships between faculty, staff, and students
- An environment conducive to spiritual and personal growth
- Biblical authority. As God’s inspired Word, the Bible speaks as the final authority on all issues of faith, life, and practice. Biblical truth is at the core of our programs and guides our institutional decision-making.
- Academic rigor. Responsible Christian discipleship involves bringing every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Emmaus Bible College endeavors to train the mind through rigorous programs of study designed to enhance knowledge, develop critical thinking skills, and shape biblical worldview.
- Godliness. God calls His people to live in alignment with His character and will. Emmaus Bible College seeks to be a community in which relationships and actions are guided by godly character and consistently reflect honesty, integrity, and accountability.
- Dignity of each individual. Every person bears God’s image and is loved by God. The Emmaus Bible College community purposes to reflect this biblical perspective in all relationships and to value each individual in light of this truth.
- Biblical diversity. In Christ, believers from diverse cultures and backgrounds are one body. Emmaus Bible College endeavors to be a community characterized by unity while learning from and appreciating our diversity.
- Culture of excellence. In response to the biblical injunction to do all things for the glory of God, the Emmaus Bible College community strives for excellence in its programs and services.
- Heart of service. Following Christ’s model of servant-leadership, the Emmaus Bible College community seeks to be characterized by service and love for one another and for our communities and constituencies.
- Our heritage. Emmaus Bible College values its history and identity within the Brethren movement and teaches principles of church life rooted in New Testament truth, including the centrality of Christ, plurality of leadership, and priesthood of all believers.
Emmaus purposes to:
- Empower learners to realize their full potential through high-quality academic and student development programs that are biblically grounded and culturally relevant.
- Provide an attractive, safe environment conducive to learning and spiritual and personal growth.
- Encourage the personal welfare and professional development of each faculty and staff member.
- Sustain and enhance the human, physical, and financial resources needed to achieve mission and vision.
- Enrich external constituencies through education, ministry, and service.
Through its academic programs, Emmaus purposes to:
- Increase understanding and application of the Bible and Christian theology.
- Encourage spiritual growth and development of Christian character.
- Challenge for the development and integration of a biblical worldview.
- Develop foundational knowledge and skills to support lifelong learning.
- Cultivate educated contributors to contemporary society.
- Equip servant-leaders with skills and knowledge appropriate to their chosen professions or fields of service.