AV Team Lead
The AV team Lead position helps ensure that audio visual events presented through the college are of the highest quality available for the viewing or listen audience. This position provides oversight of the AV team comprised of Emmaus students, offering both leadership and example. The person filling this role will demonstrate knowledge of the equipment, successful operation, and training on the equipment utilized at Emmaus.
Manage and provide audio visual support for Emmaus Bible College.
The AV team Lead position helps ensure that audio visual events presented through the college are of the highest quality available for the viewing or listen audience. This position provides oversight of the AV team comprised of Emmaus students, offering both leadership and example. The person filling this role will demonstrate knowledge of the equipment, successful operation, and training on the equipment utilized at Emmaus. The essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing classroom AV equipment (purchasing, installation, support and maintenance).
- Knowledge of video streaming and recording campus events
- All set up, adjustments and operation of equipment during productions and classroom instruction.
- Continuing research on effective allocation of AV resource needs with respect to current budgetary requirements.
- Respond to faculty, staff, and student expectations in the areas of technology and local and wide area network access
- Meet regularly with the Director of Technology to provide input and receive direction as necessary
- Assist in effective training of faculty, staff, and students in the proper use of the technology provided for them at Emmaus
- Assist in supervising all personnel involved in AV support at Emmaus, including faculty, staff, and students (both paid and volunteer) that assist in these functions
- Act as team lead for the AV team.
- Bachelor's Degree along with at least two years of prior technical experience, with specific experience in audio visual preferred.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as this position interacts with various constituents within the college (faculty, staff and students).
- The successful candidate will be a born‐again believer in Jesus Christ with a demonstrated Christian character and spiritual maturity.
- Will have a passion for Christian higher education and a track record of success involving teamwork and innovation.
- Commitment to the Vision, Mission, and Core Values of Emmaus Bible College
A successful candidate will have the following required and/or recommended areas of expertise:
- Experience with Digital- and Analog Soundboards
- Experience with live sound mixing
- Experience with Allen Heath GL-2400 Series, and Behringer X32 mixers
- Experience with OBS software and NDI streaming technologies
- Experience managing AV teams
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Ability to repair and maintain computers, media equipment, and associated equipment
- Experience with multi-camera video mixing
- Practical understanding of network and server technology
Communications & Media Engagement Director
We are currently seeking a Communications & Media Engagement Director who will serve the college by creating and delivering value‐added content and stories across digital platforms that link mission to impact.
Reports To: Vice President for Advancement
Works closely with: Director of Digital Marketing
Date Written: March 8, 2021
Creating and delivering value‐added content and stories across digital platforms that link mission to impact.
The communications and media engagement position ensures the Emmaus story is effectively delivered to multiple audiences. She/he functions to identify, create, organize and assist in delivering a broad range of impact stories across digital channels with the aim of increasing brand awareness and the probability of acquiring new students and ministry partners. Impact will be seen through substantial and integrated partnership with the Digital Marketing Director creating capacities for increased digital and web engagement and cross‐platform enhancement.
As a generalist, this position combines the art of finding, developing and telling compelling stories with the tactical acumen of cross‐channel delivery. Expand the Emmaus brand through The Emmaus Experience podcast, Emmaus YouTube and The Emmaus Experience blog channels by creatively delivering value‐driven content. Assist in expanding an already well‐developed website and digital communications.
As a creative and collaborative team member, the content and media engagement director partners with the Director of Digital Marketing to enhance and expand capacity to reach new and targeted audiences.
Cross‐channel media content creation | Media storyteller | Digital communication | Social Media
Pursue the development and content creation of value‐added stories to be communicated across multiple channels. For example, leverage and produce media tools like the College Choice magazine.
- Pursue and plan stories and content creation for communication on multiple channels
- Utilize system to innovatively organize, track and deliver content for multiple departments
- Deploy stories and content through social media channels and Almabase digital platform
- Manage digital and print content for the “Emmaus Magazine” to leverage stories
- Identify relevant and value‐added content from prior media, update and redeploy
- Partner with the Director of digital communication to develop an advancement website that maximizes Emmaus’ digital channels for content delivery
- Advise the Vice Presidents for Advancement and Enrollment Management on strategic market penetration opportunities and how to leverage them
Leverage through innovation and creativity the Emmaus Media digital channels as a means to enhance institutional reach and maximize brand identity by deploying value added content and stories
- Innovatively oversee and expand Emmaus Media Ministries blog, podcast, and YouTube channel
- Assist in the creation of new content for our blog, podcast and YouTube channels
- Support and manage teaching and radio content for Good News Network
- Partner with AV department to livestream/video record of conferences and events to leverage content and redeploy strategically
- Manage Emmaus Media Ministries employees (radio editor/producer; digital technician)
The essential functions above are representative of the work performed. Other duties assigned as needed.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; preferred degrees: Business Communications; or Marketing & Media Communications; will consider other fields like English and or Journalism with complementary strengths.
- Possess a degree or Bible & Theology Certificate from Emmaus or be deeply connected within the Emmaus community is highly desired.
- Significant work experience in writing, communications, design, media production
- Experience within a variety of digital engagement platforms and applications like: Instagram, Facebook, Soundcloud, or Stitcher; YouTube Channel development; Emma or Mail Chimp digital engagement platform is essential
- Significant experience in content creation, writing and storytelling is very important
- Experience/comfort with photo editing software and design software like InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
- Experience in customer service, event planning, business development, or alumni/constituent relations and/or donor development work preferred
- Understanding of, experience with, and commitment to ministering among Plymouth brethren assemblies as well as other churches is highly valued
Strengths Inventory (Gallup Clifton Strengths)
Everyone possesses a variety of leadership strengths. If you have not taken the Gallup Strengths Finder Inventory, doing so will help us understand your strengths that align with this position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Dispositions
- Born‐again believer in Jesus Christ with demonstrated Christian character and spiritual maturity
- Alignment with the Doctrinal Statement of Emmaus Bible College
- Commitment to the Vision, Mission, Core Values of Emmaus Bible College
- Teachable with willingness to learn and serve others
- Strong ability to communicate effectively within in different internal and external contexts
- Strong organizational, administrative, and interpersonal abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively for achievement of common goal(s)
- Excellent written communication skills
- High professional, ethical, and moral standards
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Emmaus Bible College is seeking a new Vice President for Academic Affairs. As the Chief Academic Officer of the college, this person will oversee all academic programming for the college and will work closely with the Vice President of Student Life to ensure a seamless partnership between the academic and student life of the college.
Emmaus Bible College is seeking a new Vice President for Academic Affairs. As the Chief Academic Officer of the college, this person will oversee all academic programming for the college and will work closely with the Vice President of Student Life to ensure a seamless partnership between the academic and student life of the college. The VPAA serves as an essential member of the President’s Cabinet and will be a key contributor to collaborative management of the strategic vision and direction of the college.
Emmaus Bible College offers a unique program of study that combines excellent biblical education, a robust general studies program, and the opportunity to prepare for careers in ministry and the marketplace. Offered in a residential college setting, the campus culture embraces what generations of Emmaus graduates describe as the Emmaus Experience: “Academic programs infused with biblical content, meaningful relationships between faculty, staff and students, and a campus environment conducive to spiritual and personal growth.”
Retaining this model of a “Bible and…” education, as well as the college’s distinctive emphasis on New Testament principles of church life, Emmaus seeks a VPAA with vision and energy, as well as a deep commitment to the faithful teaching of the Bible, dedication to academic excellence, devotion to the core values of the College, and a passion for the spiritual needs of students.
Part-Time Student Accounts or Full-Time Student Accounts & Staff Accountant
We have a flexible position open in our business office that can be either part-time or full-time, depending on the individual. The part-time position will be responsible for handling our student accounts while the full-time position would add staff accountant responsibilities. We would be willing to train the right candidate for success.
Student Accounts (Part-time)
Provide a positive customer service experience for Emmaus students and families by helping them understand and collect their payments for tuition and fees. Ensure timely and accurate posting in our accounting system for: 1) charges to students, 2) financial aid, 3) payments by students and 4) processing annual IRS forms. Effectively manage the collection process for student accounts and minimize bad debt. Educate students on financial responsibility and prudent financial decisions.
Student Accounts & Staff Accountant (Full-time)
Same responsibilities listed above while the accounting portion would add assisting the controller in the month end closing process, account and bank reconciliations, and budget development. This includes monthly journal entries, fixed asset tracking, and other assigned duties, such as assisting in the employee onboarding process (E-Verify, I-9, W-4).
Both positions require the following:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Knowledge of accounting principles