Minor in Pastoral Ministry
Bible & Ministry Department
The minor in Pastoral Ministry is a program of study designed to prepare students for effective ministry in the local church. Coursework for the minor can be used to fulfill elective requirements in a major area of study.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will:
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate the essence, nature, purpose, and program of the local church.
- Demonstrate basic ministry skills.
- Understand the principles and dynamics that contribute to effective congregational leadership.
- Evidence knowledge of basic principles of biblical counseling.
- Demonstrate skill in teaching the Bible.
- Church Leadership and Practice (BT 450)
- Counseling Foundations (COU 121)
- Introduction to Youth Ministry (EM 260) or Children’s Ministry (EM 215)
- Teaching Bible (EM 321)
- Homiletics 1 (BT 322) or Small Group Ministry (EM 320)
- Church Planting and Growth (ICS 310) or Women’s Ministry (EM 225)
- Music in the Church (MUS 250)
- Introduction to Psychology (PSY 111)
23/24 credit hours