Dental Assisting is a unique, four-year program of study designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the Bible and theology and dental assisting knowledge, skills, and dispositions. Dental Assisting coursework is offered through a cooperative agreement with the Northeast Iowa Community College. Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible to take the Iowa Dental Board state registration exams to become a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA). Graduates are also eligible to take examinations prepared by the Dental Assisting National Board to become a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA).
In addition to meeting the Bible/Theology major outcomes, the student will meet the outcomes established by Northeast Iowa Community College for the Dental Assisting Diploma program. See the NICC website at www.nicc.edu for up-to-date program requirements and outcomes.
- Meet all admission requirements of Emmaus Bible College.
- Complete application for admission to Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Declare intent to pursue the Dental Assisting program.
- Meet all Dental Assisting program admission requirements of Northeast Iowa Community College.
- At the beginning of the sophomore year, apply for entrance into the Bible/Theology program.
- Pay all applicable fees for this major as determined by the Business office and published in the annual statement of fees.
- Complete a minimum of 120.75 semester credit hours.
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average and a passing grade in all required courses.
- At least 36 semester credit hours must be earned at Emmaus.
- At least 24 semester credit hours must be earned at Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Complete all program and graduation requirements of Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation (BT 120)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Biblical Hermeneutics (BT 220)
- Praxis of Interpretation (BT 320)
- Biblical and Practical Theology of Transformation (BT 352)
- God, Creation, and Sin (BT 221)
- Christ, Holy Spirit, and Salvation (BT 321)
- Church and Final Things (BT 331)
- Bible/Theology Electives (6 credits)
- Servant Leader Training Seminar (CCS 115)
- Servant Leader Training (CCS 120)
- Chapel (CCS 110)
- Missions and Evangelism* (ICS 104)
*meets Bible-Related requirement
- Dental Science 1 (DEA:250)
- Dental Science II (DEA:261)
- Dental Radiography 1 (DEA:310)
- Dental Radiography II (DEA:321)
- Dental Materials I (DEA:410)
- Dental Materials II (DEA:418)
- Principles of Dental Assisting (DEA:511)
- Dental Externship II (DEA:563)
- Dental Clinic Internship (DEA:570)
- Dental Externship I (DEA:571)
- Dental Specialties (DEA:601)
- Dental Office Procedures (DEA:704)
Courses at Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Fundamentals of Speech (COM 112)
- Fundamental Computer Literacy (CS 101)
- English Composition (ENG 101)
- Introduction to Literature (ENG 102)
- Transitions Seminar (FND 101)
- Western Civilization 1 or 2 (HIS 131/132) or American History 1 or 2 (HIS 235/236)
- Christian Life and Worldview* (HUM 111)
- College Mathematics (MAT 140)
- Introduction to Psychology (PSY 111)
- Introduction to Human Biology and Lab (SCI 241/242)
- Humanities Elective (3 credits)
- General Studies Electives (6 credits)
*meets Bible-Related requirement