The Certificate in Biblical Studies is a one-year program designed to provide a foundation for lifelong learning in biblical and theological studies.
Emphasis: Biblical Studies
Program Director: Roy A. Kosin
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will evidence
- Basic knowledge of biblical content and Christian Theology.
- Essentials of a proper methodology to interpret and apply the English Bible.
- Commitment to growth in Christian character and lifestyle.
- Writing skills that effectively communicate the intended message.
- Complete a minimum of 31 semester credit hours
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average and a passing grade in all required courses
- A minimum of 15 semester credit hours must be earned at Emmaus.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Christian Life and Worldview (BT 111)
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation (BT 120)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Chapel (CCS 110)
- Servant Leader Training (CCS 120)
- English Composition (ENG 101) or Preparing for College English (ENG 040)
- Transitions Seminar (FND 101)
- Electives (9 credits)