The Certificate in Biblical Studies is a one-year program designed to provide the student with a basic understanding of the Bible.
Program Director: Mr. Raju Kunjummen
The student will:
- Evidence knowledge of the content of the Bible.
- Evidence understanding of Christian theology.
- Evidence the ability to study the Bible independently.
- Evidence a worldview that is distinctly Christian.
- Evidence growth in Christian character and lifestyle.
- Complete a minimum of 32 semester credit hours
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average and a passing grade in all required courses
- A minimum of 16 semester credit hours must be earned at Emmaus.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Christian Life and Bible Study Methods (BT 110)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Introduction to Philosophy: Christian Worldview (PH 106)
- English Composition (ENG 101)
- Transitions Seminar (IAS 101)
- Servant Leader Training (IAS 102/103)
- Chapel Attendance (IAS 110)
Award: Certificate in Biblical Studies