Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies
The AA in Biblical Studies is a two-year program designed to equip graduates with a foundational knowledge and skills in biblical studies.
The student will evidence:
- Knowledge of biblical content and Christian theology.
- The essentials of a proper methodology to interpret and apply the English Bible.
- Commitment to growth in Christian character and lifestyle.
- Complete a minimum of 62 semester credit hours.
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average and a passing grade in all required courses.
- At least 30 semester credit hours must be earned at Emmaus.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation (BT 120)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Biblical Hermeneutics (BT 220)
- Praxis of Interpretation (BT 320)
- Bible/Theology Elective
- Servant Leader Training Seminar (CCS 115)
- Servant Leader Training (CCS 120) Chapel (CCS 110)
- Fundamentals of Speech (COM 112)
- Fundamental Computer Literacy (CS 101)
- English Composition (ENG 101)
- Introduction to Literature (ENG 102)
- Transitions Seminar (FND 101)
- Western Civilization 1 or 2 (HIS 131/132) or American History 1 or 2 (HIS 235/236)
- Christian Life and Worldview (HUM 111)
- Introduction to Human Biology and Lab (SCI 241/242) or Introduction to Earth Science and Lab (SCI 230/231)
- Mathematics Elective Social Science Elective