Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies
Bible & Ministry Department
The AA in Biblical Studies is a two-year program designed to equip graduates with a foundational knowledge and skills in biblical studies.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will evidence:
- Knowledge of biblical content and Christian theology.
- The essentials of a proper methodology to interpret and apply the English Bible.
- Commitment to growth in Christian character and lifestyle.
- Complete a minimum of 62 semester credit hours.
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average and a passing grade in all required courses.
- At least 30 semester credit hours must be earned at Emmaus.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
Bible/Theology (24.5 credits)
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation (BT 120)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Biblical Hermeneutics (BT 220)
- Praxis of Interpretation (BT 320)
- Bible/Theology Elective
- Servant Leader Training Seminar (CCS 115)
- Servant Leader Training (CCS 120) Chapel (CCS 110)
General Studies (28.5 credits)
- Fundamentals of Speech (COM 112)
- Fundamental Computer Literacy (CS 101)
- English Composition (ENG 101)
- Introduction to Literature (ENG 102)
- Transitions Seminar (FND 101)
- Western Civilization 1 or 2 (HIS 131/132) or American History 1 or 2 (HIS 235/236)
- Christian Life and Worldview (HUM 111)
- Introduction to Human Biology and Lab (SCI 241/242) or Introduction to Earth Science and Lab (SCI 230/231)
- Mathematics Elective Social Science Elective
Electives (9 credits)
My time at Emmaus was absolutely transformational. The professors at Emmaus invested into me. They taught me how to dig deep into the Word of God, how to think critically, how to be an effective communicator, how to interact with modern-day resources, and how to be prepared to be a servant-leader wherever I go.
Get a more detailed look at the 2 year course plan for the associate of arts in Biblical Studies.