Continuing Education Certificate in Youth Ministries
The Continuing Education Certificate in Youth Ministries is a program of study designed to provide the college graduate or career interruption student the opportunity for intensive study in Bible/theology and youth ministries.
The student will:
- Basic knowledge of biblical content and Christian theology.
- Commitment to growth in Christian character and lifestyle.
- Develop knowledge and skills in youth ministry.
- Develop basic pastoral administration and leadership skills.
- Complete a minimum of 33/34 credit hours.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and receive a passing grade in all required courses.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Pay all applicable fees for this major as determined by the Business office and published in the annual statement of fees.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Biblical Discipleship (BT 116)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Servant Leader Training (CCS 120)
- Chapel (CCS 110)
- Educational Ministries 1 (EM 106)
- Introduction to Youth Ministry (EM 260)
- Educational Ministries Electives (5/6 credits)
- Church Leadership and Practice (BT 450)
- Marriage and Family Life (EM 109)
- Women’s Ministry (EM 225)
- Technology in Ministry (EM 231)
- Youth Culture and Challenges (EM 310)
- Small Group Ministry (EM 320)
- Ministry Leadership (EM 350)
- Missions and Evangelism (ICS 104)
- Christian Life and Worldview (HUM 111)