Minor in Digital Marketing
The Minor in Digital Marketing is a program designed to provide graduates with the key skills most needed by marketing coordinators and managers. Offered in partnership with the LCMC/Rize Consortium, the program is intended to produce “growth hackers.” The minor in Digital Marketing may be completed as part of any bachelor degree offering at Emmaus.
Program Director: Dr. Kim S. Parcher
Program Learning Outcomes
The student will demonstrate:
- The ability to understand and articulate the role of various web-based marketing channels within the context of the larger marketing mix.
- The ability to evaluate marketing opportunities.
- The ability to design and implement a marketing campaign and analyze its success or failure.
- Advanced skill in the composition of compelling B2B and B2C marketing copy as deployed through a variety of channels.
- Elementary skill in the creation of visual content for social media and other web-based marketing channels.
- The ability to design and implement effective marketing content.
- The ability to contextualize any individual marketing campaign within a company’s broader marketing strategy, and evaluate the success or failure of that strategy.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills within the domain of marketing.
- The ability to express marketing solutions clearly to a larger team using effective written and oral communication.
- Understanding of what drives human interaction with content.
All courses in the minor, with the exception of MKT 121, are offered fully online through the LCMC/Rize Consortium:
- Principles of Global Marketing (MKT 121)
- Social Media Marketing (MKT 201)
- Email Marketing (MKT 301)
- SEO/SEM (MKT 311)
- Digital Marketing Analytics (MKT 321)
- Viral and Organic Growth (MKT 401)
18 credit hours