Associate of Arts in Business
The Associate of Arts in Business is a two-year program designed to provide the student with foundational knowledge and skills in business along with an overview of the Bible and Christian theology.
- Demonstrate introductory knowledge in foundational areas of business.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team situation.
- Demonstrate communication skills in a professional context.
- Demonstrate use of introductory critical thinking skills in a business and organizational context
- Demonstrate an ability to correlate biblical concepts with business knowledge and practice.
- Complete a minimum of 62 semester credit hours.
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average and a passing grade in all required courses.
- At least 30 semester credit hours must be earned at Emmaus.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation (BT 120)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Bible/Theology Elective
- Servant Leader Training Seminar (CCS 115)
- Servant Leader Training (CCS 120)
- Chapel (CCS 110)
- Global Business (BUS 102)
- Business Ethics (BUS 201)
- Business Communication (BUS 230)
- Microeconomics (ECN 201)
- Business Electives
- Fundamental Computer Literacy (CS 101)
- Fundamentals of Speech (COM 112)
- English Composition (ENG 101)
- Introduction to Literature (ENG 102)
- Transitions Seminar (FND 101)
- Western Civilization 1 or 2 (HIS 131/132) or American History 1 or 2 (HIS 235/236)
- Christian Life and Worldview (HUM 111)
- Introduction to Earth Science and Lab (SCI 230/231)
- College Mathematics (MAT 140)