Major in Bible/Theology
The Bible/Theology major is the biblical component of every major other than Biblical Studies and of the concurrent-enrollment degree programs at Emmaus Bible College. This bible core cannot be completed as a stand-alone major. See specific-majors or concurrent enrollment-program planners for additional information.
The Servant Leader Training (SLT) program, included in the Bible/Theology core, promotes student engagement and service to the community and the Church. SLT provides students with the opportunity to apply their learning in service of others through completion of 30 hours of service for each required unit.
The student will evidence:
- Knowledge of the content of the Bible.
- Understanding of major Christian doctrines and their biblical foundations.
- Ability to correctly interpret and appropriately apply Biblical teaching.
- Commitment to growth in Christian character and lifestyle.
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation (BT 120)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Biblical Hermeneutics (BT 220)
- Praxis of Interpretation (BT 320)
- Biblical and Practical Theology of Transformation (BT 352)
- Two of the following theology electives (6 credits):
- God, Creation, and Sin (BT 221)
- Christ, Holy Spirit, and Salvation (BT 321)
- Church and Final Things (BT 331)
- Servant Leader Training Seminar (CCS 115)
- Servant Leader Training (CCS 120)
- Chapel (CCS 110)
- Bible/Theology or Bible-related Electives+ (12 credits)
+ This applies only for majors in Biblical Studies, Counseling Psychology, Educational Ministries, Intercultural Studies, and selected concurrent-enrollment programs. See program planners for details.