The Bachelor of Science in Bible/Theology with an Associate of Applied Science is a four-and-one-half year program of study designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the Bible, and knowledge, skills, and experience in nursing. Upon successful completion of the A.A.S. in Nursing from Northeast Iowa Community College, graduates are eligible to write the national licensure exam (NCLEX) to become a registered nurse (RN).
Program Director: Dr. Lisa Beatty
In addition to meeting the Bible/Theology major outcomes, the student will meet the outcomes established by Northeast Iowa Community College for the Nursing program. See the NICC website at www.nicc.edu for up-to-date Nursing program requirements and outcomes.
Program Admission Requirements:
- Meet all admission requirements of Emmaus Bible College.
- Complete application for admission to Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Declare your intent to complete the cooperative program in Bible and Theology/Nursing.
- Meet all nursing program admission requirements of Northeast Iowa Community College.
- At the beginning of the sophomore year, apply for entrance into the Bible/Theology program.
- The application procedure includes completion of a formal application. After the application has been received, the Bible faculty will review it. Their decision will be delivered to the student by means of a formal letter.
- Pay all applicable fees for this major as determined by the Business office and published in the annual statement of fees.
- Complete a minimum of 145.25 semester credit hours.
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average and a passing grade in all required courses.
- At least 45 semester credit hours must be earned at Emmaus.
- At least 45 semester credit hours must be earned at Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Complete all graduation and Nursing program requirements of Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
- Bible and Theology (39 credits)
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Christian Life & Bible Study Methods (BT 110)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Hermeneutics (BT 250)
- Theology 1 (BT 205)
- Theology 2 (BT 210)
- Theology 3 (BT 305)
- Theology 4 (BT 310)
- Bible/Theology Electives**
- Intercultural Studies (3 credits)
- Missions and Evangelism 1* (ICS 104)
- Inter-Area Studies (3.5 credits)
- Transitions Seminar (IAS 101)
- Servant Leader Training (IAS 102/3-402/3)
- Chapel Attendance (IAS 104/5-404/5)
- Senior Seminar (IAS 410)
- Nursing (61.75 credits) (Nurse Aide/CNA licensure must be completed prior to Nursing Concepts)
- Human Anatomy/Physiology II & Lab (BIO:170/172)
- Introduction to Nutrition (PNN:270)
- Dosage Calculations (PNN:200)
- Pharmacology Medications (PNN:204)
- Nursing Concepts (PNN:169)
- Nursing Care of Adults I (PNN:527)
- Nursing Care of Adults II (PNN:528)
- Nursing Care of Children (PNN:410)
- Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family (PNN 430)
- Dimensions of Practical Nursing (PNN:529)
- Transition to Associate Degree Nursing (ADN:148)
- Comprehensive Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family (ADN:434)
- Comprehensive Nursing Care of Children (ADN:444)
- Comprehensive Nursing Care of the Mental Health Client (ADN:475)
- Comprehensive Nursing Care of Adults I (ADN:525)
- Comprehensive Nursing Care of Adults II (ADN:528)
- Humanities (12 credits)
- Fundamentals of Speech (COM 112)
- English Composition (ENG 101)
- Introduction to Literature (ENG 102)
- Introduction to Philosophy: Christian Worldview* (PH 106)
- Social Sciences (15 credits)
- Fundamental Computer Literacy (CS 101)
- Western Civilization (HIS 131/132) or American History (HIS 235/236)
- Introduction to Psychology (PSY 111)
- Developmental Psychology (PSY:121)
- Introduction to Sociology (SOC:110)
- Natural Sciences (11 credits)
- College Mathematics (MAT 140)
- Human Anatomy/Physiology I & Lab (BIO:165/167)
- Microbiology & Lab (BIO: 183/184)
*meets Bible-Related requirement
**at least one book study required
Award: Bachelor of Science (Emmaus Bible College)
Associates of Applied Science (Northeast Iowa Community College)