The Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies is a two-year program designed to provide the student with both knowledge of the Bible and general education knowledge and skills.
Program Director: Dr. Steven Sanchez
The student will:
- evidence increasing knowledge of the content of the Bible.
- evidence increasing understanding of Christian theology.
- evidence increasing ability to study the Bible independently.
- evidence a worldview that is distinctly Christian.
- evidence growth in Christian character and lifestyle.
Associate Degree Requirements
- Complete a minimum of 64 semester credit hours.
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average and a passing grade in all required courses.
- At least 32 semester credit hours must be earned at Emmaus.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
- Bible/Theology (24 credits)
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Christian Life & Bible Study Methods (BT 110)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Hermeneutics (BT 250)
- Bible/Theology Electives
- Inter-Area Studies (3 credits)
- Transitions Seminar (IAS 101)
- Servant Leader Training (IAS 102/3-202/3)
- Chapel Attendance (IAS 104/5-204/5)
- Humanities (15 credits)
- Fundamentals of Speech (COM 112)
- English Composition (ENG 101)
- Introduction to Literature (ENG 102)
- Introduction to Philosophy: Christian Worldview (PH 106)
- Humanities Elective
- Social Sciences (9 credits)
- Fundamental Computer Literacy (CS 101)
- Western Civilization (HIS 131/132) or American History (HIS 234)
- Social Science Elective
- Natural Sciences (7 credits)
- College Math (MAT 140)
- Introduction to Human Biology & Lab (SCI 241/242)
- Electives (6 credits)
Award: Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies