The Continuing Education Certificate in Computer Applications in Ministry designed to provide the college graduate or career-interruption student the opportunity for intensive study of Bible/theology and to equip them to effectively use technology in support of a variety of ministries as well as in their own personal Bible study.
Program Director: Mr. Stephen Elliot
The student will:
- Develop knowledge of the content of the Bible.
- Develop an understanding of Christian theology.
- Evidence qualities of spiritual growth.
- Demonstrate the skills required to use the computer effectively in personal Bible study and to support the effective use of computer technology in a church or ministry setting.
- Complete a minimum of 30 credit hours.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and receive a passing grade in all required courses.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Pay all applicable fees for this major as determined by the Business office and published in the annual statement of fees.
Continuing Education Certificate in Computer Applications in Ministry Requirements:
- Bible/Theology (15 credits)
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Bible Theology Elective
- Computer Studies (15/18 credits)
- Fundamental Computer Literacy (CS 101) or demonstrated competency
- Computer-Assisted Bible Study/Computers in Ministry (CS 225)
- Computer Graphics (CS 315)
- Leveraging the World Wide Web (CS 325)
- Publications (CS 380)
- Multimedia Systems (CS 435)
30/33 credit hours
Award: Continuing Education Certificate in Computer Applications in Ministry