EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
The education, training and experience typically required are as follows:
- A minimum of a master’s degree in education from an accredited college or university is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of teaching experience in K-12 school settings is required.
- A candidate holding a teaching license with teaching experience in a secondary school is preferred but not required.
- Graduate coursework in curriculum, instruction, and classroom assessment is preferred.
- An interest in teaching general principles of and strategies for instructional design to secondary education majors is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND DISPOSITIONS
The knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for this position require the following:
- Born-again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated, contagious Christian character
- Demonstrated, service to others as a lifestyle
- Alignment with the Doctrinal Statement of Emmaus Bible College
- Commitment to the Mission, Core Values, and Institutional Goals of Emmaus Bible College
- Ability to integrate Biblical truth with teaching philosophy and praxis
- Ability to teach effectively with a commitment to the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Commitment to collegial collaboration that supports the mission of the Teacher Education Program, equitable and purposeful student learning, and the collection and use of formative and summative assessment data that enhances teaching praxis and informs program effectiveness
- Understanding of the needs and trends associated with traditional college age students as well as professional educators
- Ability to develop connections with professional educators in the community
- Excellent human relations skills for the glory of God
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High professional, ethical, and moral standards
- Recommendations of quality performance
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to be considered. Inquiries, recommendations, or application materials may be sent to:
Dr. Lisa Beatty, Vice-President for Academic Affairs
Emmaus Bible College
2570 Asbury Road
Dubuque, IA 52001
Or submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org