Position Title: Senior Admissions Counselor
Status: Full-time (12-month position)
Reports To: Director of Enrollment Services
The Senior Admissions Counselor is responsible for developing recruiting strategies in the assigned territory and for recruiting students to achieve enrollment goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the development of plans for communicating and promoting Emmaus Bible College with prospective students, parents and families, churches, camps, and Christian schools
- Works with the Director on creating enrollment strategies that are outlined in the Enrollment Management Plan.
- Creates regional recruitment plans for assigned territories including how to build relationships with churches, camps and Christian schools
- Assists Director in identifying training needs and development of Admissions Counselors.
- Plans and participates in Admissions Office events both on campus and in assigned territory.
- Travels as necessary to promote the college at events such as college fairs, schools, camps, retreats, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent communication with an assigned group of prospective students.
- Advises prospective students and parents of admissions requirements depending upon student type (first-time freshman, transfers, continuing education, non-degree seeking, audit, etc.).
- Provides follow-up to prospective students using phone calls, texts and emails.
- Advises applicants and their families of items need to complete their application file.
- Maintains accurate, complete and timely communication documentation In the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (currently Salesforce).
- Works as a team player with other members of the admissions team including helping as needed with prospective students normally assigned to another admissions counselor.
- Completes routine reports related to schedule, recruitment efforts, and travel in a timely manner
- Completes other duties as requested by the Director of Enrollment Services.
A Senior Admissions Counselor will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the college admissions field. Applicants with less than 3 years of admissions work experience but with other higher education work experience may be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with numerous priorities and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, writing, spelling)
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and database management
- Excellent initiative and productivity
- Detail orientation with ability to multi-task
- Strong service orientation and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment or independently
- Commitment to maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours
- Ability to plan, coordinate and complete recruitment related travel, sometimes to remote locations
- Ability to transport admissions materials, displays and other equipment
- Commitment to biblical higher education, generally, and the mission of Emmaus, specifically
- Values New Testament principles of church life and practice
- Graduate of Emmaus Bible College or similar institution
- Former Emmaus Student Ambassador, Tour Guide, or Tele-counselor