The minor in Music Ministry is a program of study designed to equip the student for effective music ministry. Coursework for the minor can be used to fulfill some elective requirements in a major area of study.
Program Director: Elisa C. Cooper
The student will:
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of music theory and music history.
- Demonstrate understanding of the biblical foundations for and historical practices of the use of music in the church and integrate this knowledge into a biblical philosophy of music.
- Evidence continued growth in musical performance skills.
Music Ministry Minor Requirements
- Music Fundamentals* (MUS 050)
- Music Theory 1 (MUS 114)
- Aural Skills 1 (MUS 115)
- Music Theory 2 (MUS 214)
- Aural Skills 2 (MUS 215)
- Foundations of Church Music (MUS 250)
- Methods of Music Ministry (MUS 256)
- Applied Private Voice or Piano (3 semesters; at least one semester of each)
- Performing Group (2 semesters)
16-19 credit hours
*or demonstrated proficiency