The minor in Music is a program of study that provides foundational study in music theory, music history, and applied studies. Coursework for the minor can be used to fulfill some elective requirements in a major area of study.
Program Director: Miss Elisa Cooper
The student will:
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of music theory and music history.
- Demonstrate understanding of the biblical foundations for and historical practices of the use of music in the church and integrate this knowledge into a biblical philosophy of music.
- Evidence continued growth in musical performance skills.
Music Minor Requirements
- Music Fundamentals** (MUS 050)
- Music Theory 1 (MUS 114)
- Aural Skills 1 (MUS 115)
- Music Theory 2 (MUS 214)
- Aural Skills 2 (MUS 215)
- Survey of Music History (MUS 173) or World Music (MUS 242)
- Applied Private Voice or Piano – 4 semesters
- Performing Group – 4 semesters
18-21 credit hours
**or demonstrated proficiency