The minor in Church Planting and Revitalization is a program of study designed to develop servants equipped to plant New Testament churches or revitalize struggling ones. Coursework for the minor can be used to fulfill elective requirements in the major area of study.
Program Director: Mr. Joel Hernandez
The student will:
- Learn to apply church planting and church growth principles in diverse and cross-cultural situations for the purpose of planting a new church or reviving a struggling one.
- Support an intended church plant with visible evidence of ministry, evangelism, and discipleship that would enhance the proposed plant.
- Gain practical experience through various opportunities supporting a church planting project.
Church Planting and Revitalization Minor Requirements:
- 1 Corinthians (BT 236)
- Pastoral Epistles (BT 342)
- Biblical Church Leadership (BT 211)
- Missions and Evangelism 2 (ICS 214)
- Church Planting and Growth (ICS 310)
- Issues in Church Planting and Revitalization (ICS 410)
- Church Planting and Revitalization (CPR) Practicum (ICS 412)
19 credit hours