To prepare students to be highly competent business professionals with a biblical worldview, equipped to work effectively in commercial or ministry settings.
Broad Based Learning Goals
1. Student Learning Goals — Students will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of fundamental business principles.
(Knowledge – head)
- Acquire the skills and dispositions needed to enable sound business practices.
(Skills – hands)
- Develop awareness of current business issues and trends and how to effectively operate in a changing environment.
(Skills – hands)
- Develop a philosophy of business that incorporates a biblical worldview.
(Disposition – heart)
- Evidence the ability to operate as business professionals in a variety of settings -commercial, ministry, and cross-cultural.
(Knowledge, Skills and Disposition)
2. Operational Goals — The Business Administration Department will:
- Offer a comprehensive and contemporary degree programs that successfully prepare students for professional careers, graduate school, and professional advancement in their chosen field
- Attract and retain highly-qualified faculty who are experienced in their filed and are effective teachers
- Offer significant hands-on experiential learning opportunities for students
Points of Distinction
- Faculty members teaching in the Business Administration program bring both excellent academic credentials and “real world” experience to the classroom.
- The program integrates a high quality business curriculum with the study of the Bible. Courses like Business Ethics and Principles of Leadership and Management are taught from a Christian worldview.
- The program includes an internship experience for every student. You’ll get the opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom in a business environment.
- The Business Administration major provides opportunities to focus on specific areas of interest, including Information Technology or Camp Ministry Management.
- Graduates of the Bible/Theology and Business Administration program have a versatile set of knowledge and skills that can be put to work in many contexts—including the business world or ministry settings.
- The Bible/Theology and Business Administration program provides a useful foundation for graduate study in accounting, finance, management, marketing, human resources, business education, or computer science.
Programs of Study