ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare syllabi and teach a full-load (12-13 credit hours per semester) of assigned courses to achieve approved outcomes.
- Determine instructional objectives appropriate to each assigned course and assess student academic achievement related to these objectives.
- Select textbook and/or teaching materials appropriate for individual course content and objectives under general guidance from the Department Chair.
- Serve as academic advisor for assigned students.
- Attend department and faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Assist the VP for Academic Affairs and the Department Chair with the professional development and advancement of the department.
- Serve or provide leadership on faculty and institutional committees as appointed.
- Attend chapel regularly, eat lunch with students, and engage in informal exchange of ideas with students as opportunity permits.
- Implement college policies and procedures in the classroom.
- Read and comply with policies and procedures in the Employee and Faculty handbooks.
The list of essential functions as outlined above is intended to be representative of the tasks performed in this position. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Re: Faith and character
- Personal faith in Christ as Savior
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement of Emmaus Bible College
- Appreciation for the college’s mission
- Interest in undergraduate teaching in a faith-based setting
- Master’s degree or higher in Business Administration
Knowledge, Competence, and Skill
- Competence (and experience) in teaching
- Practical experience in the business world is highly desirable
- Interest in fostering critical thinking ability in students
To apply please email a letter of self-introduction and a CV to Raju Kunjummen at email@example.com.