The Athletic Director plays an integral role in the life of the College and as a member of the Student Life Team. The Athletic Director works with students, parents, faculty, staff, and alumni to manage all aspects of the men’s and women’s intercollegiate and intramural/club athletic programs and maintain compliance with the MCCC and the NCCAA. The Athletic Director will be the strongest supporter and voice for all athletic programs, to all constituents. The Athletic Director will develop and implement a strategic plan for the athletic department focusing on increasing team rosters, developing new sports programs, maintaining, and improving athletic facilities, and improving the intercollegiate and intramural experience for student athletes, fans, and visitors.
Key Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Support the vision, mission, and values of Emmaus Bible College
- A strong commitment to academic excellence, sportsmanship, and spiritual development
- Highly motivated and a proven self-starter
- 2-3 years’ experience in Competitive Athletics i.e. Coaching, A.D.
- Strong interpersonal, administrative, and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Knowledge of the Word of God, as demonstrated by its proper application in life
- A commitment to the local church and demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ
- Flexible schedule (some nights and weekends required including weekends away)
- Ability to listen, motivate, and coach others
- An understanding of student issues
- Ability to develop, organize, and implement sporting events
- Communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means
- Walk from one campus facility to another
- Spend extended periods of time sitting and standing
- Ability to lift, move, and carry objects up to 30 lbs.
- Have adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone, on computer, and in writing; requires the ability to identify, observe and assess visual color discrimination and depth perception
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls (e.g. mouse, keyboard, telephone, equipment); also requires arm-hand steadiness, manual dexterity, and the ability to make precisely coordinated movement.
- Has driver’s commercial license (or willing to obtain) and ability to drive students for athletic competition and other related school events.
Please submit a resume to:
V.P and Dean for Student Life
Emmaus Bible College 2570 Asbury Rd.
Dubuque, IA 52001