The Bachelor of Science in Bible/Theology and Applied Mathematics is a unique, four-year degree program offered at Emmaus Bible College. This double major will prepare students to impact the world through:
- Their faith in Jesus Christ, and
- Their capacity to solve real-world problems that require mathematical and reasoning skills.
The mission of the Applied Mathematics program is to link mathematical applications to the realms of science, technology, business, social sciences, etc. Our students will learn to incorporate their analytical and computational skills to solve practical problems that develop across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of mathematics.
- Acquire a general knowledge of various other branches of mathematics.
- Develop a working knowledge of mathematical methods pertinent to operational interests in the private/public sectors.
- Design and program mathematical models and apply mathematical analysis and problem solving-skills in the workplace.
- Extrapolate his/her mathematical knowledge and skills to new situations.
- Discover ways in which mathematics relates to his/her faith in the Creator, Jesus Christ.
Programs of Study
As mathematics touches virtually every field of study, the opportunities are limitless to gain employment in practically any profession of interest. The following sites list possible occupations along with salary and job projections: