Position: Maintenance Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager are to maintain and/or renovate and remodel the facilities, grounds and equipment of Sandy Creek Bible Camp. The Maintenance Manager will be asked to help in other areas of the camp program as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare financial budgets for maintenance activities.
- Ensure that all facilities are properly maintained, including repairs and/or replacement of any damaged or broken fixtures, etc.
- Develop and execute a preventive maintenance program for all buildings, equipment and vehicles.
- Maintain all buildings and grounds to ensure a safe and attractive environment for campers and guest group use.
- Responsible for the turn over (cleaning of camp buildings) before and after each camp or retreat.
- Ensure that all HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and refrigeration systems are properly maintained and recommend replacement, as required, to the Camp Manager.
- Plan and oversee renovation and refurbishment of current facilities in an expedient manner, ensuring that all systems pertinent to projects are installed to industry standards.
- Supervise temporary staff as assigned by the Camp Manager.
- Work with all construction and maintenance volunteers to see that they are given proper instructions and furnished with required tools and materials.
- These duties are not exclusive, and with consideration of the job requirements and other skills, the job description can be added to or taken away from, at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
- Has a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Demonstrates personal faith through consistent daily living in accordance to God’s Word. Is in agreement with the SCBC Statement of Faith
- Understands and is committed to the mission of SCBC.
- Possesses good managerial and interpersonal skills, is self-directed, flexible, reliable, creative and good communicator.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities.
- Have five (5) years’ experience in maintenance and/or construction responsibilities.
- Maintains a professional appearance through personal hygiene and grooming habits.
Typical Work Schedule
This position will average 40 hours per week, in a five-day workweek. As the seasonal guest group activity expends a longer six-day workweek can occasionally be anticipated. The exempt status of this position pays the employee a set salary for as many hours as necessary to complete the job as prescribed by the job description. It is not an hourly position that pays the employee for the hours that are worked, nor do overtime provisions apply.
Sandy Creek Bible Camp