Sandy Creek Bible Camp has a ministry opening for a full time salaried Facilities Manager and is seeking to fill the position with a qualified, gifted candidate as led by the Lord to serve in this ministry need.
The purpose of Sandy Creek Bible Camp is to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to children and adults while in a relaxed, rural setting. The camp provides opportunities for Christian growth, fellowship, and service for those who attend and staff the camp, primarily through work with churches, hosting men’s and women’s retreats, weekend retreats, and weeklong youth camps during the summer.
We are located approximately 75 miles northwest of Houston, 7 miles northeast of Brenham, and just outside of Washington, Texas.
The primary responsibilities of the Facilities Manager are to maintain and/or renovate and remodel the facilities, grounds, and equipment of the camp. The Facilities Manager will be asked to help in other areas of the camp program as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare financial budgets for maintenance activities.
- Ensure that all facilities are properly maintained, including repairs and/or replacement of any damaged or broken equipment, fixtures, etc.
- Develop and execute a preventive maintenance program for all buildings, equipment and vehicles.
- Maintain all buildings and grounds to ensure a safe and attractive environment for guests. Oversee and coordinate turnover (cleaning of camp buildings) before and after each camp or retreat.
- Ensure that all HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and refrigeration systems are properly maintained and recommend replacement, as required, to the Executive Director.
- Plan and oversee renovation and refurbishment of current facilities in an expedient manner, ensuring that all systems are installed to industry standards.
- Supervise temporary staff as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Develop work scopes and coordinate all construction and maintenance volunteers for work days and special work projects or activities, and see that they are given proper instructions and furnished with required tools and materials.
- Has a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Demonstrates personal faith throughconsistent daily living in accordance to God’s Word. Is in agreement with the SCBC Doctrinal Statement (see camp website www.sandycreek.org under Purpose & History).
- Understands and is committed to the mission of SCBC.
- Possesses good managerial and interpersonal skills, is self-directed, flexible, reliable, creative and good communicator.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities.
- Preferably has 5 years’ experience in maintenance and/or construction responsibilities.
- Maintains a professional appearance
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE
During the summer, the work schedule is generally 12 hours per day and on call for the balance for urgent needs. During the rest of the year a full time schedule (40+ hours a week) is expected, including weekends when guest groups are on site. As the seasonal guest group activity expands, a longer six-day workweek can occasionally be anticipated. The Executive Director will coordinate schedules with other staff and volunteers to build in family and vacation time.
SALARY, HOUSING, AND BENEFITS
Because of the unique circumstances of camp ministry, Sandy Creek requires that the Facilities Manager reside on-site year round.
- Salary to be negotiated based on experience. Health insurance subsidy
- Camp meals provided when guest groups are on site
- 3 weeks total paid holidays and vacation
- House and utilities provided
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 baths
- double attached garage
This position reports to the Executive Director.
Any person interested in this ministry position is encouraged to view the camp website (www.sandycreek.org) and directly contact the Executive Director: