The minor in Youth Ministries is a program of study designed to provide the student with knowledge of the basic principles of youth ministry. Coursework for the minor can be used to fulfill elective requirements in a major area of study.
Program Director: Mr. Jeff Riley
The student will:
- Develop an historical framework and Biblical philosophy for Christian education.
- Acquire a fundamental knowledge and methodology of youth ministry.
- Become acquainted with the uniqueness of adolescent development and how to reach them.
- Develop basic pastoral administration and leadership skills.
Youth Ministries Minor Requirements:
- Educational Ministries (EM 106)
- Foundations of Youth Ministry (EM 206)
- Teaching Bible (EM 221)
- Youth Culture and Challenges (EM 310)
- Principles and Methods of Youth Ministry (EM 315)
- Administration and Leadership (EM 350)
- Educational Ministries Elective
21 credit hours