The minor in Church Planting and Revitalization is a program of study designed to develop servants equipped for planting New Testament churches or revitalizing struggling ones. Coursework for the minor can be used to fulfill elective requirements in a major area of study.
Program Director: Mr. Joel Hernandez
The student will:
- learn to apply church planting and church growth principles in diverse and cross-cultural situations for the purpose of planting a new church or reviving a struggling one.
- support an intended church plant with visible evidence of ministry, evangelism, and discipleship that would enhance the proposed plant.
- gain practical experience through various opportunities supporting a church planting project.
Church Planting and Revitalization Minor Requirements
- 1 Corinthians (BT 236)
- Pastoral Epistles (BT 342)
- Church Leadership and Practice (BT 450)
- Missions and Evangelism 2 (ICS 214)
- Church Planting and Growth (ICS 310)
- Issues in Church Planting and Revitalization (ICS 410)
- CPR Practicum (ICS 412)
21 credit hours