The minor in Biblical Ministry is a program of study designed to prepare students for effective ministry in the local church. Coursework for the minor can be used to fulfill elective requirements in a major area of study.
Program Director: Dr. Steve Sanchez
The student will:
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate the essence, nature, purpose, and program of the local church.
- Demonstrate basic ministry skills.
- Understand the principles and dynamics that contribute to effective congregational leadership.
- Evidence knowledge of basic principles of biblical counseling.
- Demonstrate skill in teaching the Bible.
Biblical Ministry Minor Requirements:
- Church Leadership and Practice (BT 450)
- Teaching Bible (EM 221)
- Children’s Ministries (EM 215) or Foundations of Youth Ministry (EM 206)
- Homiletics (EM 222) or Small Group Communication (EM 320)
- Introduction to Psychology (PSY 111)
- Counseling Foundations (COU 121)
- Church Planting and Growth (ICS 310) or Women’s Ministries (EM 225)
- Foundations of Church Music (MUS 250)
23/24 credit hours