The Bible/Theology major is the biblical component of every double major or cooperative, dual-degree program at Emmaus Bible College. It cannot be completed as a stand-alone program. See the planners for double-majors or cooperative, dual-degree programs for additional information.
Program Director: Dr. Steven Sanchez
The student will:
- develop advanced knowledge of the content of the Bible.
- develop advanced understanding of Christian theology.
- evidence advanced ability to interpret the Bible accurately.
- evidence ability to defend biblical truth and the Christian faith.
- evidence a worldview that is distinctly Christian.
- evidence growth in Christian character and lifestyle.
Bible/Theology Major Requirements
- Bible/Theology (39 credits)
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Christian Life & Bible Study Methods (BT 110)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Hermeneutics (BT 250)
- Theology 1 (BT 205)
- Theology 2 (BT 210)
- Theology 3 (BT 305)
- Theology 4 (BT 310)
- Bible/Theology Electives**
- Intercultural Studies (3 credits)
- Missions and Evangelism 1* (ICS 104)
- Humanities (3 credits)
- Introduction to Philosophy: Christian Worldview* (PH 106)
*meets Bible-Related requirement
**at least one book study required