The teaching of Emmaus Bible College is based on the following:
- The Bible is inspired of God, inerrant in the original documents and of final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He was born of a virgin and is sinlessly perfect. His sacrifice is substitutionary and representative. He rose bodily from the dead and ascended to His Father's right hand, where He now ministers as our Great High Priest. He will come to rapture His Church and subsequently return to reign over the earth.
- Each member of the human race is fallen, sinful and lost, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of man. Redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ, and salvation is by grace, through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit indwells the believer who is thus empowered to live a godly life. There will be resurrection of the saved and of the lost, of the saved unto eternal life, and of the lost unto eternal conscious judgment.
- The Church began with the descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost and is composed of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. These believers are united to Him and to one another by the indwelling Spirit. The Church's calling, hope and destiny are heavenly, and its chief functions are to glorify God and to witness for Christ until His return.
- Christ, the risen head of the Church, is the giver of spiritual gifts to all believers. Gifted individuals such as evangelists, pastors and teachers are responsible to Him for their service and are given “for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.”
- There are two Christian ordinances, baptism and the Lord's Supper. Baptism by immersion signifies that the believer, having died with Christ, is buried with Him in baptism and also is risen with Christ to walk in newness of life. The Lord's Supper is a memorial feast, instituted by the Lord Himself exclusively for His own.
- Every true child of God possesses eternal life and being justified, sanctified and sealed with the Holy Spirit, is safe and secure for all eternity.
- The personal imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ to translate His Church will be followed by the
Tribulation and the inauguration of Christ's reign over the earth; He will then deliver up the Kingdom to God the Father that the Triune God may be all in all.
The teaching of Emmaus Bible College follows the historic, evangelical interpretation of the Scriptures, which has in general, been accepted by the Christian church since its inception. It recognizes no sectarian barriers and seeks to declare the whole counsel of God without over-stressing any single line of truth.