The Continuing Education Certificate in Youth Ministries is a program of study designed to provide the college graduate or career-interruption student the opportunity for intensive study in Bible/theology and youth ministries.
Program Director: Mr. Jeff Riley
The student will:
- develop knowledge of the content of the Bible.
- develop an understanding of Christian theology.
- lay a foundation for a worldview that is distinctly Christian.
- evidence qualities of spiritual growth.
- develop knowledge and skills in youth ministry.
- Complete a minimum of 33 credit hours.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and receive a passing grade in all required courses.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Pay all applicable fees for this major as determined by the Business office and published in the annual statement of fees.
Continuing Education Certificate in Youth Ministries Requirements
- Bible/Theology (18 credits)
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Biblical Discipleship (BT 116)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Introduction to Philosophy: Christian Worldview (PH 106)
- Educational Ministries (12 credits)
- Foundations of Youth Ministry (EM 206)
- Principles/Methods of Youth Ministry (EM 315)
- Educational Ministries Electives – 6 credits
- Church Leadership and Practice (BT 450)
- Marriage and Family Life (EM/SOC 109)
- Women’s Ministries (EM 225)
- Youth Culture and Challenges (EM 310)
- Small Group Communication (EM 320)
- Administration and Leadership (EM 350)
- Intercultural Studies (3 credits)
- Missions and Evangelism 1 (ICS 104)
33 credit hours
Award: Continuing Education Certificate in Youth Ministries