The Continuing Education Certificate in Missions is a program of study designed to provide the college graduate or career-interruption student the opportunity for intensive study in Bible and a basic skills and knowledge in cross-cultural ministry.
Program Director: Mr. Joel Hernandez
The student will:
- develop knowledge of the content of the Bible.
- develop an understanding of Christian theology.
- evidence qualities of spiritual growth.
- develop a foundational understanding of cross-cultural adjustment.
- develop a foundational understanding of cross-cultural communication.
- Complete a minimum of 30 credit hours.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and receive a passing grade in all required courses.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Pay all applicable fees for this major as determined by the Business office and published in the annual statement of fees.
Continuing Education Certificate in Missions Requirements
- Bible/Theology (15 credits)
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Acts/Paul (BT 334)
- Intercultural Studies (15 credits)
- Missions and Evangelism 1 (ICS 104)
- Missions and Evangelism 2 (ICS 214)
- Comparative Religions (ICS/REL 308)
- Cultural Anthropology (ICS/SOC 314)
- ICS Elective: (3 credits total)
- History of Missions (ICS 106)
- Religions in America (ICS/REL 204)
- Missionary Life and Work (ICS 212)
- Judaism (ICS/REL 216)
- Church Planting and Growth (ICS 310)
- Cross-Cultural Communication (ICS/SOC 330)
- Context Studies Elective (ICS/SOC 341-347)
- Intercultural Ministry Project (ICS 406-408)
- Urban Ministries (ICS 461)
30 credit hours
Award: Continuing Education Certificate in Missions