Job Description: Provide leadership and direction to a Christ-centered children’s ministry in order to impact children and their families for Christ.
- Lead and facilitate the current Children’s Ministry. Provide an environment for training in the Word, discipleship, worship, and fellowship. Recognize opportunities for new ministry within the church and community.
- Develop a volunteer base into a deeply committed and enthusiastic group of leaders who teach biblical truth and pour into the lives of children.
Oversee all programming and ministry for children preschool through 6th grade, including Sunday School,Children’s Church, and Vacation Bible School.
Qualifications and experience:
- Testimony - Acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior, and demonstrate personal maturity in Christian living.
- Member - Be a fully-supportive member and promoter of Maranatha’s statement of faith, vision and philosophy of ministry.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree (preferred), in education, biblical studies or appropriate field of study related to children’s ministry.
- Work experience – Experience leading a church-based children’s ministry preferred. Experience in a mid-size church ministry a plus.
- Leader – Effective leader and self-driven motivator to build a solid volunteer team.
- Team Player – Must display the ability to be a team player, and yet be able to work independently.
- Communication skills – A pleasant and helpful demeanor, as well as the ability to clearly communicate to volunteers, children, and parents in a manner that is engaging, courteous and professional.
Maranatha Bible Church
526 3rd Ave SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Contact: Greg Forseen
Date Posted: July 27, 2014
Denomination: Independent Bible
Church Size: 275-350
Job Type: Part-Time (30 hours per week)
Thu, July 31, 2014
by Jesse Fullan filed under